Saturday, January 10, 2009

Diaper Pattern!

My diaper pattern is done, and available to try! If you are interested in trying it, you can join the yahoo group I run, Learn to Sew Cloth Diapers. Available now are x-small, small, medium, and medium-long.

I am very excited about this! Feedback so far has been positive and I am planning to sell this someday, once it has been tested thoroughly.

Now, back to sewing. I have many diapers to make myself, as I found out a few weeks ago I am expecting another baby. :) Baby #2 is due 7-26-09. I am sewing 24 x-small pockets (plus 1 doz. NB prefolds), 3 small pockets (I already have 21 from Bekah), and 18 medium pockets (I have 6 med. pockets and 18 med. fitted pockets, and DH does NOT like having to use a cover).

Anyway -- sewing for real this time!

3 comments:

Sara Fitzjarrald said...

Hi! I'm trying out your diaper pattern (I'm on the sewyourowndiapers yahoo group too) - newborn size. Got the pieces all cut out last night and had a question - Does the pattern allow for seam allowances or do I need to add those? I didn't, so I hope they are included! If you would let me know, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!
Sara

Ktietje85 said...

Hi Sara,

Yes, seam allowances are included. Let me know how it turns out!

Sara Fitzjarrald said...

Will do. I'm waiting on my snap pliers to arrive, so it may be a couple of days - though hopefully not many more!